Friday, May 19, 2006

Reason Enough

Stole this photo from Isaac; I know he won't mind. I miss his easygoing, accommodating, just-plain-niceness. And Yew Kuan's equally-straightfaced serious talk and total BS. And Ian's macho-metro act and bitching sessions. That they can be, respectively, so full of corniness, brutally honest, deviant-encourager. That - all three of them - can, when the mood so strikes and as this photo proves, be totally insane. And carry it off all so wickedly. That they crack me up, that they look out for me like big brothers (aww), that they make time for me despite now having to dabble in the grown-up world and prioritize other significant others, that they stick up for me, try to make me feel better. That they make my going back, each summer, worth every bit the while.

I miss them terribly. And all our yumcha escapades: brunches at World of Dim Sum, late night mamak sessions, BBQs back at mine, random, rather interesting lunches.

I'm sitting amid Damien Rice, over- and repeatedly-internalized thoughts, and piles of work. Missing home. Feeling sorry for myself. But then, I've become quite the pity party organizer, with the continually developing knack for finding reasons to, of late.

Better stop now before I cry.

No comments: