Sunday, June 11, 2006

In The Theme of Distractions

I just have to say: The Whole of Australia is gone on sale! Oh me, oh my, oh—Ok, I don’t know that. Let me rephrase: The Whole of Melbourne is gone on sale! I stay holed up for a few days too many for my own good, and Sale signs have sprouted their curly ferns and brilliant petals, alluring wiles and charming scents, out of the earth from nowhere, everywhere! And I mean e-ve-ry-where!

The highlight of my day, today, is that the teas I’ve been chasing for about the past two months now have finally come in. I flip-flopped very unsophisticatedly in the quaint, posh little shop, with its delicate teapots and cups, and fragile setup, without so much as a hint of shame or indignity. And then I mmm-ed with the cute salesgirl as we taste-tested the teas of the day for what she called a bit of a calming pickup.

Good grief, I’ve just gone and ranted on about tea. I’m also looking for a decent pair of glasses frames to wear out on my don’t-give-a-toss-about-lenses days, and I want to be an editor. I’m turning into a boring, old hag. Someone help!

No comments: