Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Happy Day in Pictures

Cheryl and Laura came over the other day for some fun in the sun. I use the expression, and we sure had fun, but I'm not sold on the sun. Not the Malaysian one, anyway. Anyway, Cheryl brought the baby - Canon Leong - along, and culling the manymanymany pics she took was no easy job. It's finally done now, so enjoy!
~*~
Animal Activity
bullies
The day starts off with three bullies, one victim, and two very amused observers. As you can see, said observers were much more occupied taking photos instead of coming to my aid.
the trick
Ah, but being a victim does not mean I am helpless.
Here you see my supreme intelligence at employing
"the trick" code-named "morsel magic".
who's boss now
Ah-ha! Look who's the boss of who now...
See how they sit in line so prettily,
and with almost-invisible tails, no less.
lining up
Lining up...
for a drink at their favourite watering hole...
watering hole
...the fish pond! Happiness!
(For the record, there is ample H2O in the water bowls. I think they just like messing with us.)
cabbage soup
You have spring onions, we have cabbage.
Fishy-cabbage soup is dee-lee-cious!
sip sip
Sip sip sipping daintily,
as little sausages should.
slurp slurp
Oh, ain't I the cutest sight?
Slurp slurp slurping away, and melting hearts while at it.
fine specimen
I'm a fine specimen, I am. I have the deepest, fiercest growl... and the teenyweeny tiniest teeth! Don't let my dentals fool ya - I bite. Unless you dish out ultimate manjaness. Then I'm all yours. Hee.
family picture
Getting a "family portrait" is so hard these days.
What with one looking left, one looking right...
and one who should clearly know better, looking down.
engrossed
Moving on from the four-legged,
we are totally engrossed in the pretty-winged.
prettybutterfly
Here I am, saying "eeeee, so pweety".
Can anyone tell me why we say "eeeee" to things we like?
butterfly
Sitting pretty on my palm,
it fluttered wings, and we were charmed.
butterfly 3
Little butterfly, floating by and by.
I wonder what they would sound like, if we could hear butterflies cry.
fishy
And now, to the underwater realm, fishy-a-buyin' we go.
Note in the reflection the concentration in Laura's eyes.
~*~
Gluton Grossness
laura
Laura demonstrates concept why choose when you can have all.
And, boy did we have. All.
straws
Her eyes are closed as she sucks away in enjoyment. My brows are furrowed at sucking futilely.
(I know, I know, they gave us a bigger straw, too. I was testing to see if the tiny one was there for any reason other than uselessness.)
step 1
Joy's Guide to Looking the Part of the Glutton.
Step 1: Slurp every last drop of drink from straws.
step 2
Step 2: What else? Suck the spoon as well.
Lick, too, if it helps.
step 3
Step 3: Tilt head backwards, and lift drink to lips. Open mouth wide.
Thump on bottom of thumbler to give gravity a helping hand.
step 4
Step 4: Jut lower lip in show of great sadness at the true finishing of drink. Stare pitifully into thumbler for added effect.
step 5
Step 5: Scout the area; look around for any other potentially unfinished drinks. Unfinished drinks whose owners look upon them with adoration and the memory of longing in their eyes are the best kinds.
step 6
Step 6: Suddenly point to something and exclaim look! (Make something up - use your imagination.) Grab unprotected drink from distracted owner, and start gulping. Fast.
proud
Proudly display the now-empty thumbler. Congratulate yourself with wide upturned smiles, and categorically ignore the downturned ones you feel your tummy giving.

3 comments:

Itscheryl said...

ahhaha sping onion and cabages.. why didnt i think of that
ehehehhee

Alan said...

Good to see you are looking better my dear ex-sick friend!

Alan said...

Oh step four is very cute..... how decieving.