Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Over the Weekend

  • Saturday was a whirl of uninhibited happiness and absolute photo incrimination, thanks in large part to our good friend, alcohol. Can't remember the last time it got that crazy, and the photos that totally insane. Have I got the best blackmail material or what! I'm still contemplating putting up the milder of the lot, and even those... Let's just say I have never had a stained top, really wild hair, super-gone face, and completely smeared mascara livin' it up on my cheeks and where not. Or, the documentation of such states of affairs, either. Ever. And yes, that's the milder of the lot. If I do decide so, then photos to come.

  • I don't have much to say about Sunday morning's picnic. No prizes for guessing why. Took everything in me to control and maintain. What with the blazing sun, and my head giving me the shits. You know I'm suffering bad when I don't give a rat's ass about bringing my camera, much less wanting to use it.

  • Sunday night was a leisurely catch-up with Vernon, Steven, Jack. Seriously, Vernon is such a gossip (he'd argue news) sponge. Actually, make that unreciprocrative gossip sponge. (Is unreciprocrative a proper word? Other than in my vocab, that is...) Anyway, it was all good. Until Vern got drunk on hot chocolate. Who knows anything about why. Except that maybe Vernon is soft. Photos to come.

  • Window-shopping with Bahiyah on Monday included being recipients of non-purchased attention and free biscotti. Then makeup-shopping splurge, all thanks to Steph's influence. She even drove over from the office to come see me and order the makeup artist around, awww. Later, lrt HELL, and Steph again to the rescue. Extra unplanned time with Steph in shitty traffic made up for it all. Later still, quiet mamak with the Yaps. I have photos, of course.

  • A HUGE thankyou to Isabel for being my driver and accompanier in Tuesday's crazy Putrajaya round and round and rounds. I'm really sorry to have had to drag you through all that crap; am glad you didn't mind tagging along while I did my (very unfinished) errands so we could spend time together. I think we're now qualified to set up an unofficial tour guide service of the blasted place. Photos of every street light design imaginable to come.

  • Tuesday night dinner with the college gang. Started late, ended early. Photos of a group of very tired (and therefore sometimes crazy) faces up soon.

  • I'm not supposed to be a photo blog. Meh.

----

There's something about playing heartbreaking ballads and driving, with your mind there but not. Melancholic music fills the space, you're looking at the road go on but not, it is rather more bitter than sweet, and the next time you check, you're going at 50 km/h, and not caring, just wretchedly feeling.

No comments: