Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nuggets

I'm feeling close to completely foul, and having no-deserving-
where to let it out is doing its worst. My body is making a prolonged point at how unwell I am; I'm moody about leaving tomorrow, though for no real good reason; the thought of resuming life and shifting into responsible-adult gear (and all the so-not-wonderful complications that come with it) is giving me a pounding headache; I'm being wishful, and being wishful never did any pessimist any good; am hating the curse-masquerading-as-
an-ability of missing; wanna smash... any something, having to deal with people here who are so beyond stupid they aren't even bright enough to get it when I verbally rip their heads off; contemplating the near future of practically no dough is worritating me; am very bloody tired, but of course, I'm restless;
I could go on...

Really, I'm in no mood to blog, but I'm gonna spew all, so to speak, since sleep eludes me, spent as I am, and well, there's heaps to blog about before their time expires. That, and sometimes going on about things helps one forget about things, ironic and all.

* * *
Girl germs and everything, I lugged myself to Taipan for Mexican with Steph, Kush and Aaron, where I almost-begged for hot water, all the less fun with the wait staff pushing for margaritas.

us four

steph & me
Kicking back at Oldtown Kopitiam afterward -
complete with hot honey lemons, and
spastic faces underplaying unwell-weariness.
aaron & kush
Aaron gives his "cameras again!" look; the boys' inner spastic; Kush hypnotised at Steph's giggle fits; K doing his best cute; A doing his best cute; "gimme that!"; look who's caught in the act now, ha! Long live photo madness :)

The favourite topic of the night included lots of interesting vocab: sexploits, sexcited... There were more, but I forget. Anyway, you get the idea. It comes across a bit crass now, but it was hilarious then. All the more coming from I-won't-say-who!

* * *
Nachos and chit chat with Cheryl is refreshing. Finally someone who feels similarly about life's assumed progression to rant on with. Short and sweet, though her doggy-radar overcame her the next day, heehee, and she came over for me to see her more!

cheryl & me
I like this pic, because I'm (falsely) fair!
That was until I saw how nice her photo came out.
Bugger, I want to camera-upgrade!

* * *
And then I saw Wanya, and Nathan, and Shawn. Now I'm normally not a gusher, but especially for some people's sakes, I shall. After all, the Boyz did redeem themselves reasonably.

I'm not sure if it was the second row seats.
Or that we were close enough for personal eye contact, and returned flying kisses.
With roses tossed, aimed at us, despite the uncouth, crudely appearing crowd.
Or that the sound system was not thrown to the dogs.
Or the fact that they had some sort of plan to their performance.
With choreography.
And costume change.
Or because, as a whole, the entire management and handling did not suck ass big time. Like it did - and more - in Melbourne.

Or, simply, that I got pictures this good. This clear. Head to toe, obstructing heads bar none.
(Commentary on Day 2 and costume comparisons here.)

this close
Hello Wanya ;)
up close 2
I can see you belting out there.
Heck, I can see you breathe.
up close 1
Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?
You don't see it here, but we were in prime position to see lots of
this um, one implicative hand positioning.
up close 8
If Shawn can do hands in the air, so can I.
boyz
Hands to the side...
boyz 2
...and then to the front.
boyz 3
The fold-lean back-tilt chin...
boyz 4
...then f'ward with back o' palms.
on bended knee
"I'm down on bended knee."
up close 3
Comfy change.
up close 5
"Although we've cooome...
To the end of the rooooad."
up close 6
"And I'll hold you tight...
Baby, All. Though. The. Night."
up close 7
"Don't let real love pass you by."
B & me
Friends from times past, with songs of old.
rose
One with the rose.
I'd like to say for the record we had more thrown at us. Twice.
And the scumbags from front and behind - guys, mind you - have no shame.
j b b j
Three little letters make...
Joe Bel Bah Joy :D

* * *
Mister so-and-so, and misters so-and-so, there you go. The Boyz for one, and the you-know-what for the easily excitable others. As luck would have it, y'all ada rezeki also. But it's not my fault you took one (one!) measly photo that other day that didn't turn out so good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUCH better than the measly photo I took.

Anonymous said...

i have to say, the picture in harper bazaar looks much better..

joyfulglee said...

J: I couldn't believe it when I checked! You risked embarrassment, illegal parking, almost knocking down stupid pedestrians - twice, my being recognized... and for what??

Tut tut. Gotta start thinking with your... head!

Y: You're a hard man to please. Quite cute what...

Anonymous said...

she's alright.. wink* i thought your fren Bah looks more unique.

Anonymous said...

err. i'm sure chad will have something to say about Bah.

anyway, comparing bel and the accf equivalent, i think i'm voting for the accf one.. now we just need a picture for the boys agree. you have?

joyfulglee said...

G: We did establish that you prefer the sharper, more unique look, and J's more the sweet girl type, remember?

Y: What will C say? Now I'm really curious...

The equivalent being the one we said "worse or better than, or on par with?" You can't be serious about preferring her??

Of course I got pics, I'm not posting it here!

Anonymous said...

"Of course I got pics, I'm not posting it here!"

Ok. Email us. NOW.

You can email Bahaya's pictures to Chad.