Friday, March 02, 2007

Before March rolls along

Went to Sorrento for the day for some food, fun, sun.

Pier
We stopped at this little town called Rye,
with a shimmery sea and sky.
fishermen
Where things are slow and easy,
you learn to float. Like a boat :D
us
Happily ignorant of the sunstroke to come.
sand art 1
Sand Art Exhibition:
The Monster Pit.
There's Dracula, token dumb blonde, and er, who's Scaly?
sand art 2
Can you believe every single bit of these sculptures
is made from sand?
Well, except the wannabe dragon in the far right corner.
sand art 3
Now this is what I call a sandcastle!
This is as close as I'm happy playing princess.
(Doesn't mean I don't do spoilt!)
sculpture 1
Check out the amazing detail!
The man making them spent so much time in the sun,
he was literally a redneck!
sand art 4
Half-naked people everywhere!
(Ha! Stop looking so hard!)
sculpture 3
Little gnomes' home. (It rhymes!)
If I were a pixie, I'd live in a house like this.
sculpture 2
King Kong is so compact
he's solid enough for a grown man to stand on!
sculpture 4
For a second there, I felt like I was in LoTR!
Then I thought about a Roald Dahl story full of hairy men!
live sculpture 1
Ahhhh...
Everything makes sense now.
live sculpture 2
I want to state for the record that this was Not. My. Idea.
See how I'm made to do dumb things?
live sculpture 3
Ok, fine. This I did one on my own accord.
It is classic me! ;P

More coastal roads later, we pulled up on Sorrento's main street to fill our tummies. I'm a grub kinda girl. Are you?
google-eyed
There is nothing like spankin' fresh, cooked-to-order F&C!
T goes gaga over homemade TUBS of tartare!
nyumm!
That box of golden goodness looks smaller than it really is.
Much Smaller.
Scallops calamari king prawns hiding under.
gelato
Did I mention a holiday = non-stop eatting?
And only two seconds before I declared
being too full for even coffee!
seagull
Birds flying high, you know how I feel...
Next destination: Waterfront!
Whoopdeedoo ;D
water 2
The fluffy things look so good they were unreal,
as though someone took a big big brush and painted them there.
water 1
Being near water always makes me happy.
I like how the boats bop prettily along.
water 3
How is this anything but a slice of heaven?
*happy sigh*

At one end of the shore, there was a washed-up blanket of slush. It was mostly rotting seaweed, and no it wasn't half as bad as it sounds. In fact, there were many small treasures hiding within.
bird
There was this bird who wouldn't let me come near it.
I was most intrigued by what it was exactly. I still don't know.
And I really like this formation the bird and gulls
are standing around in.
crab 1
Amongst the leaves and little sea snails, T found a mini pincher.
Is a baby crab called a crablet?
crab 2
Remember what I said about non-stop munch munch a-munchin'?
This is hardly a fair fight, poor crabbie.
crab 3
It might be little, but it ain't brainless?
Look at the yellow markings, hee!
crab 4
Now it's just showing off.
I heart showoff crabs!
clams
Meanwhile, look what I found while
digging around for pretty shells.
I got so excited, I abandoned the empty ones,
and was determined to harvest enough of these to cook.
clams 2
It was, in large part, a food escapade.
As luck would have it (for the four I found), there were far too few.
I sadly put the four back amongst the weeds and
parted with a last look of longing.

Well, that was my Wednesday. There was more to Wednesnight. But I'm all photo-ed out for now. What did you get up to on Wednesday?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh nice nice!! i enjoyed Rye too! may be dropping by melbbie soon.will let you know if i do so we can catch up yeh?

Anonymous said...

did u know that some of these sandcastles were built by world class architects who decided to make sandcastles instead to do tours and competitions?

i think they just had a competition there 2 weeks back.

Unknown said...

wow so nice ! i wanna go there too ! eheh so nice to see ur self enjoying.. i can see it in the photos ahha =D

joyfulglee said...

FIE: Ooh, swingin' by for a lil' lovin', hey. A lovers' escapade indeed ;P

Y: Cool. I didn't know. T and I were just busy competing to see who could make the most accurate immitations, hehe.

CHERYL: Come and I'll bring you! We enjoy together! :D

Anonymous said...

how do u put those nice wording on the pictures?

v