Sunday, August 05, 2007

Bonkers for Blokus

Look what lucky me scored last weekend! Many thanks again, Oh Blokus Bestowers. Indeed, you have made my week.

This quick game for 4 is easily addictive, and you know you're getting hooked when you need to play until you win. Ok, maybe that's just my need to win. Winning, of course, is far from the case, so anyone with fierce competitive spirit up for a game, I'm ready to go when you are!

Each player gets a variety of pieces in a given colour, each piece being a certain shape made up of anywhere from one to six squares. The purpose of the game is to use the maximum number of pieces on the board, but here comes the tricky part: pieces of the same colour can only touch each other at the corners, never along their sides.

The players move in turns, and as each piece is placed on the board, strategies need to continually evolve. Smart moves will enable you to extend your territory and block your opponents.

This game is quick and very fun, and will leave you, as it has done me, shouting: 'Again!' time and well, again.

So, the invitation stands. I will trade food for players. Any takers?

3 comments:

Vernon said...

Count me in... for your food I'd do most things anyway =).

Itscheryl said...

where do u play this?

Alan said...

Food! im in do i need to cross time zones to play?