Saturday, September 01, 2007

All in a day's work

So the boy has a number of times now said that I give off the wrong impression about my feelings on work. Some consideration later, I figured out it's just me: talking about my day via bitchy complaints. It's not that I dislike work. To me it's just relating (fine, wingeing), but I see how it can come across otherwise. I realized I'm a grumbler in general. Comes with being a little cynical, a little hard, perhaps. But. To counteract that, and to show that I can, I have decided to point out some possible person-specific *ahem* benefits of the job. Let me present, All in a day's work, dedicated to he who is persevering at long-suffering in the UK.
  • Hot Brazilian girl comes in to apply for work. We don't end up hiring her, because communicating would have been a little tricky, but she was a looker while it lasted. Who said listening was what I was doing anyway?
  • Cute chicks come in and let me play dress up with them.
  • Two girls come in, one tries on something in the change room, and takes a decade. Door peeps open, second girl slides in, and that's the last I see of them for a millennium. With nothing but time on my hands, I stand around and speculate.
  • Guy working few doors down often comes in for a chat. We observe, discuss and compare male specimens available. We look at girls too, but it's admittedly more entertaining watching him go soft over Muscles-Just-Walked-Past.
Not half bad little titbits for a single day, don't you think?

2 comments:

Jody Wong said...

WAHH u have a gay guy working few doors down? SYOK!

alex said...

On -

Brazilian babe:
My godfather John (the fella who brought me to London) told us this story: when Denise (my former manager) was being interviewed, word got out that there was a hottie in the conference room, the guys started taking turns "going to the loo" to check her out (glass-walled conference room was on the way to loo). Anyway, right after the interview, as Denise exited one door, one of the blokes came running into the room via the other, went down on his knees and begged John to hire Denise...

Playing dress up with cuties:
... (response not appropriate on public domain)

2 lasses in a changing room:
Since you couldn't see anything, I have two questions...did you hear anything, and were they hot?

Fruit cakes:
At work, we have one that we're certain bats for the other team, and another that I'm almost certain has the same allegiances. They're both from Portugal, both share a first name, grew up in the same "village" in Lisbon, and right now they live under the same roof (as housemates). One is a bit of a looney tune but very fun having around in the office, the other is pretty chilled and cracks the occasional lame joke. However, they're both nightmares to work with, but for very different reasons.

And yes you are such a wHinger!