Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snippets between my non-life at work

So the family came over and I lugged them over to Mornington Peninsula for 4 days of time away from routine. I was going to say it was time away from work, but I think work was still involved, albeit a different kind. Much fun, money and a couple of weeks later, half the family's flown home, and being off the grind seems like a growing distance speeding past the tracks of time.

Meanwhile, there is still unresolved work issues which need tackling. And if tackling brings certain images to mind, then stick with them -- you'd be right. I don't like doing this taking on business, even if I'm proud to find that I can, and am braver than I think.

Then there was the Timberlake concert last night. Yes, of the Justin variety. All I can say is that whatever that boy lacks in physical appeal, he makes up for with a lot more. He played guitar, and piano -- and really played, note -- and he danced. Just like in his videos. Like, just like. He put on some entertainment alright. The concept of the entire thing was pulled off pretty damn nicely. Details will have to wait 'til a dedicated rant, and ranting will be no problem.

In other news, I'm slightly over the whole unpacking thing. I reckon it will take me at least 2 months to properly unpack the lot, and that includes organizing things to perfection. Which will probably require buying more things in order to organize them better, and that's treading deep waters in more ways than one. The sad part is I'd actually revel in all this house-proud, home-making business, except that by the time I'm home from work each day, I'm beat and I want to do zip.

And finally, and excitingly, we're dog-sitting for 3 weeks! Cuspid's a smart little cookie, and very cute. She seems to have transitioned into adoptedhood pretty seamlessly while her mummy's overseas, and we're pretty easily swayed into bending the rules for this furry pawed one. She sleeps with T, if that says anything, who will get up between sleep to bring her for a nighttime trip to the backyard. Now that's saying something.

2 comments:

alex said...

JT! Waaaaaahhhh...jealous!

joyfulglee said...

You should be.

Lalala.... ;P