Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day

Today, I woke up to have worked for the first time on Christmas eve, and every day leading up to it, with only Christmas day off.
Today, I had my first Boxing Day, like my first Christmas, overseas. Without family. Working. Overtime. In chaos.
Today, I stood on my feet for 12 solid hours.
Today, I developed pains in those spots in my back which normally do all right.
Today, I was thankful in the afternoon I ate the scroll I didn't really want in the morning.
Today, I had my first glass of water at 4, and lunch at 5. In 2 minutes. Standing.
Today, I witnessed first hand, how people are so easily swayed by the notion of discounts. Not that there was any more of it than before.
Today, I am reminded afresh the importance of teamwork, and the value of coordination.
Speaking of which, today, I realized how bimbotic some people are. And am extremely grateful for my common sense.
Today, I properly wore in my new shoes, without the slightest hint of discomfort. Because I didn't have time to feel. No feeling's a good feeling.
Today, my hair worked its way into being due for a wash, even with the wash it had last night.
Today, my body was so confused, I managed just mango and spoons full of ice-cream for dinner.
Today, I decided this would be my first and last Boxing Day in retail.

I'm not ungrateful, but. I don't have dollars (or plastic) to throw around, so I might as well be making some. What did everyone else get up to today?

No comments: