Thursday, January 10, 2008

The thing is

The thing is, I've never associated any one of it to you. It's not a bad thing, surely, but is it a good thing?

The thing is, I relate way too many of them to you. It's unhealthy, I'm sure, like that bad habit you just won't break.

The thing is, I don't want to fall into that stereotype. But is being categorized like so something so bad? And if it's merely generalized assumptions, why do I care?

The thing is, I never expected it to take this turn. I certainly didn't plan it, and I didn't go looking. It just happened to be, but many supposed benefits (and I'm not saying there are none) are hot air hearsay.

The thing is, I worry for you. But what can I really do, to help? Am I not proactive enough? Is there a solution extrinsic to you?

The thing is, I don't know how you became this way. But I know your being this way makes me this way. By now, I know to make my own decisions, and take personal responsibility. I just wished it isn't always so hard, so much work.

The thing is, hypocritical behaviour irritates me. But who isn't guilty of it, least of all me?

The thing is, I miss you. For who you are, but also for who I am with you.

The thing is, when prevailing need is left to simmer unattended, to where do you turn?

No comments: