Monday, December 25, 2006

Scatterbug

It's always crazy this time of year, what with unceasing activities and mounting tiredness.

The parental units are in their element. I've had the unvolunteered opportunity to join them in their 3-day mad rush of last minute shopping, been assigned to think of suitable gifts on their behalf for them to give to others, do all the wrapping for the lot of gifts, get completely and desparingly tanned from major, major gardening and spring cleaning and preparing for a gathering of their friends for Christmas dinner, be present at the dinner and involved in the (unappealing uncle-aunty style) celebrations throughout, get told I am to prepare the roast lamb with nothing but the lamb at hand, make (three) more mad dashes to the store to get all the necessary ingredients the night before, before rolling up my sleeves to marinate my night away, and this is only a brush with my past few days' brand of madness.

There are more stories of last minute tree decorating, unplanned "we have to do something big-ish" for dad's 55th, other insane disorganisation, mental/emotional bullcrap, the works. Seriously, my trips home are never actually holidays. I've not met up, much less spoken, to anyone since touchdown, and my (lack of) energy levels certainly do not help.

Time is running out, though, as it always does, so I'm cramming in as quick a one as I can. I figure I'm beat, but am focusing on my Miss Wong-ed, 3-window seat flight back home, and the fact that I have begun the home-time Eating Pilgrimage, to keep me going this last lap.

I wanted to put up photos before they're expired way yonder, but photo dumping is no quick and easy task. I have in line an Angie-Ashley trio - Angie's hens, tea ceremony, wedding - but the first two will have to do for now.

Angie's Hens 1
The decent moments at Angie's hens,
and boy was it hard to find decent ones!

karaoke 1
No one is excluded from wowing or shocking (in my case) others.
Audrey-Sue and Vera-Ange take it one step further -
wowing or shocking, you decide.

karaoke 2
Can you guess which song they got all hyped up to?

couple
Ash finally wins access to his bride.
Tortured groomsmen complimentary.

joy ange
Has anyone made a study of Angie's camera radar?
The girl's a pro and a bit.

Joe grinning
Just look at Joe grinning - soaking in his
new-found senior status over Ash for all its worth.

joy keryn
Between the ceremony and dinner,
we make good use of our time.

girls
Being in control over boys always puts us in a good mood.
Guess it doesn't hurt that we haven't got
wasabi and what not lining out stomach walls.

bugs
You see, we're so good at amusing ourselves when waiting is needed. Alyssa and I do a sunnies-swap and ham it up for the camera before dinner. I'm trying and failing miserably, I know. Zzrrr.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: